Ecology Field Trips
Junior Cert & Leaving Cert Ecology and Field Skills Workshops – particularly suited for school and community groups who want to learn more about field ecology. These workshops give an introduction to the ecology of Tramore Bay, as well as introducing key concepts such as food-webs and other ecosystem interactions. Participants will also be shown how to perform common ecology sampling methods and improve species identification.
Sample: JUNIOR CERTIFICATE SEASHORE ECOLOGY FIELD TRIP
Junior certificate students on completion of a field trip should be able to:
- Draw a simple map showing main features of the habitat
- Use compass to establish North-South Etc.
Measure and record relevant environmental (abiotic) features of the habitat such as:
➢ Air temperature
➢ Water temperature
➢ Sand temperature
➢ Light intensity
➢ Wind direction
- Identify adaptation of organism to survive on seashore
- Use of quadrat to estimate numbers
- Use a line transect to show change in number and distribution
- Effects of pollution on habitat
- Mention any conservation projects in operation
Leaving Cert Programme also available on request
To discuss your groups needs just call Freedom Surf School & Adventure and ask to speak to one of our Ecologists.