Nordic Walking is fitness walking with specially designed poles. It is fun, easy and a great way to improve your physique and enjoy the local environment. It is suitable for people from a wide range of abilities and fitness levels. Nordic walking is the fastest growing fitness activity in the world so why not give it a try today. All instructors are fully qualified.
- Experience the out door gym, resistance walking with poles
- Whole body Workout using 90% of your muscle groups
- Qualified Instructors, All Equipment Supplied
- The Instruction & Walk will take place outdoors in scenic locations in and around Tramore, including Beach, Countryside and Coastal Routes
Walks takes place in scenic locations around Tramore. We have 3 Walks to choose from
- The Beach & Sand Dunes Eco Walk.
- The Metal Man Coastal Walk
- The Lake & Promenade Town Walk.
Duration: 1 to 3 Hours
Guided Instructional Walks
The aim of the session is to teach each individual the technique of Nordic Walking, Instructors take into account the ability/fitness level and age of each participant.
Tuition / Hire & Go: €7pp
These are unguided sessions where Instruction & Technique are given at the Freedom Activity Base. The Nordic Walking Poles are supplied and fitted to each individual. A map and information of the Walking routes is also provided.
What you need:
Walking Shoes, Light Rain Gear, Water Bottle
Nordic Walking Poles, Instruction, Maps
Walks vary from 45 mins to 1 ½ hrs
One to One Tuition: Duration 1 1/2 hrs
Adult Group Sessions: Duration 1 1/2 hrs
Family & Junior Walks: 1 Hour Session Times:
Private Group Sessions
Qualified Nordic Walking Instructors will teach you the correct techniques, incorporating warm up and cool down exercises.