Bilingual Surf & Adventure Education
Freedom Scoil Surfála - Bilingual Adventure Education Centre
Gaeilge sa Trá Mhór le Scoil Surfála Freedom
Experience the Irish Language in a Modern Vibrant context from our " Surf Cottage Facility in Tramore"
Our focus is on Developing Oral Skills through Active Learning.Throw yourself into the Irish Language and participate in one of our Gaeilge Surf & Adventure programmes.Our ethos is all about having fun while learning Irish at the same time.In 2008 we decided to become Ireland's first Bilingual Surf School : “Freedom Scoil Surfála “We began our " Gaeilge Journey" by going back to school, learning Irish and then used it while working in the surf school. The language literally came alive as we began to use it in an ordinary every day way.
Over the years we have developed a Team of Irish Language Instructors and Teachers who deliver our Bilingual Surf and Advenure Activities . With the Approval of Foras na Gaeilge and The Irish Surfing Association and supported by our elite partner Billabong - Schools from all over Ireland return year after year to enjoy our unique Irish Language Trips
What do we Offer as Gaeilge:
- Gaeilge Surf & Adventure Trips for Primary & Secondary Schools
- School Tours - Half Day & Full Day
- Overnight Stay Activity Programmes. Meals, Hostel / Hotel Accommodation Included
- Surfing & WaterSafety Programme as Gaeilge 1 & 2 Year Programme
- Irish Language Summer Surf Camps July & August 1 & 2 week Camps
- Surfing Certificate Course As Gaeilge. Secondary Schools
- Weekend Gaeilge Activity Programme for Adults
- Irish Language Surfing Experience for International Visitors
Fun, Adventure and learning Trí Ghaeilge for schools, Families and community groups. The Level of Irish is geared to suit each Group : Beginner - Intermediate and Advance
For full details of each Programme please contact the centre 0863914908 email@example.com
Ceacht Surfála / Surf Lesson
Have fun learning to surf through Irish with qualified experienced instructors. Land based instruction takes place firstly at the surf school base, covering surfing technique, equipment, water safety and ocean awareness.Then its on to the beach for a warm up and into the surf for 1 hour's instruction in the surf.
Fad : 2 ½ Uair
La Iomláin Gníomhaíochtaí /Multi Activity Day
Irish Langage MULTI ACTIVITY DAY - La Iomláin Gníomhaíochtaí
- This action-packed full day consists of 4 Activities (2 wet & 2 dry):
- Wet Activities Include: Surfing, , Body boarding
- Dry Activities Include: Team Challenges, Land Yachting, Eco Hike, Orienteering
Sample day: 2 morning activities, break for lunch, 2 afternoon activities
Fad : 4 Uair
Over Night Stay & Activity / Lá iomláine agus oíche
Overnight Stays & Irish Languiage Activities
Option 1 : One nights accommodation and 1 and half days activities trí Ghaeilge
Surfing, Body boarding. Team Challenges, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Eco Hike.
Option 2: 2 nights accommodation and 2 days activities.
Accommodation/Meals: Grade A Hostel Accommodation or Hotel Option for large groups. Breakfast, Packed Lunches, Evening Meals & Evening Entertainment provided.
Lá Gníomhaíochtaí Speisíalta / Eco Surf
Irish Language Acticity Day
This Fun Activity Day special consists of 2 activities
A Surfing Lesson combined with an Eco Hike to The Sand Dunes / The Rock Pools
All equipment is supplied
Fad 4 ½ Uair
Dúshláin Foirne / Team Challenges
Excitement, Drama and Fun through Irish
Using Tramore’s Amazingl Beach Environment, Participants rotate between a variety of Challenge Game Stations. Points are awarded for Leadership-Time Management- Communication – Participation and Task Completion . A prize is awarded to the winning team and the runner up team. The focus is on fun and participation . Irish Language Team Chalklenge Session
Fad: 1 ½ Uair
Siúl Nordic / Nordic Walking
Irish Language Activity
Nordic Walking is a technique of walking with poles ,its fun, easy, and a great way to improve your physique Walks takes place in scenic locations around Tramore. We have 3 Walks to choose from:
1 / The Beach & Sand Dunes Walk
2 / The Metal Man Coastal Walk
3/ The Lake & Promenade Walk
Fad: 1 ½ Uair
Siúlóidí Eiceolaíochta / Eco Hike
Learn about the ecology of Tramore Bay & Sand Dunes
Ecologically, the wetland area of Tramore contains a diverse range of habitats with associated plant and animal communities and is a nationally important Area of Scientific Interest and internationally important Special Protection Area and Special Area of Conservation. A well-developed dune system surrounded by a “Backstrand” which supports a rich invertebrate fauna on which many birds feed.Bilingual Activity.
Fad: 1 ½ Uair
Cúrsa Dá-theangacha Surfála - Bilingual Surfing Certificate Course
Have fun learning Irish and gain a recognised standard of Surfing
Certified by the Irish Surfing Association this Surfing Certificate Course through Irish is suitable for anyone who would like to gain a recognised beginner to intermediate standard of Surfing through Irish. Supported by Foras na Gaeilge and our elite partner Billabong.”
Is é seo an chéad cúrsa Surfála trí Ghaeilge riamh . Beidh ranganna ag baint leis an Sábhailteacht Uisce, agus beidh seisiún phraiticiúla ar siúl comh maith.Bronnadh Teastas ar na scolairí ag deireadh an cúrsa ó Cumann Surfála na hÉireann
Bilingual Surfing Certificate Course
- This is the first Irish language Surfing Certificate course designed to take the participant from catching and riding white water waves to completing all basic maneuvers.
- It is a 1 or 2 day course which is presented in a bilingual format with lecture room based theory covering water safety, ocean awareness ,surfing technique and equipment. Water based practical sessions include pop up - getting to your feet, accelerating, stopping, turning and water safety.
- Level 1/2 Option , Duration one day . Assessment includes surfing practical &Theory
- Level 3 Option : Duration two days.Must have completed level 1&2. Assessment & Theory.
- An Accredited Irish Surfing Association Certificate is awarded on Completion
- This course is great opportunity for people to communicate through Irish in relaxed and fun environment and gain a ecognised surfing standard.
- Supported by Foras na Gaeilge .Le tacaíocht ónár bpáirtnéir Billabong! ------Billabong Abú
Irish Language Surf Camp :
- Enjoy Irish & Learn to Surf
- Mornings- Irish Language - Class Room Tuition.
- Afternoons Surfing trí Ghaeilge .
- Emphasis on Developing Oral Skills
- Active learning in a Fun environment.
- Qualified Irish Teachers & Surf Instructors
The emphasis of the course is on Developing Oral Skills through Active Learning. We make every effort to ensure each student enjoys the course and gains an appreciation for the Irish Language in a fun way. Limited spaces are available.
Freedom Scoil Surfála The Beach House, Trá Mhór , Contae Phort Láirge
Tel 051 386773 - 086 3914908 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Approved by the Irish Surfing Association. Supported by Foras na Gaeilge
Bilingual Surf & Adventure Education Gallery
TestimonialBhaineadar go léir ana-thaithneamh go deo as na himeachtaí. Molaim an fhoireann a bhí ann agus moladh ar leith ag dul don slí a chabhraigh siad le cailín amháin le riachtanais speisialta. Dúirt sí gurb é an lá a chaith sí ann an lá ab fhearr dá saol. Tá rogha forleathan imeachtaí eagraithe d’ard chaighdeán.Go cinnte beimid thar n-ais arís.
Máirtín Mac Domhnaill, Riarthóir na n-Imeachtaí, Coláiste na Rinne.Co Phort Láirige