Irish Language Surf & Activity Programmes for Schools
Cúrsaí Gaeilge le Freedom
Fun, Adventure and learning Trí Ghaeilge for School Groups.
Here at the surf school we offer students an alternative way to experience the Irish language through Land and Water based activities. It can be a great way to instill a grá for Irish and completely change a students approach to connecting with the Language .
Choose a Programme to suit your group
A : Ceacht Surfála
Gaeilge Surf Lesson. Half Day Surf Education Programme.
- Learn to Surf trí Ghaeilge
- Developing Oral Skills through Active Learning.
- Booking Dates : March to October
Early Booking - Grant Available .Email http://www.freedomsurfschool.com/contact_us
B : Turais Scoile
Turais Scoile - School Tours trí Ghaeilge
- Full Day Tours. Land & Water Based Activities.
- Multi Activity Day - Choose from : Surfing, BodyBoarding, Team Challenges, Coastal Adventure Hike. Stand Up Paddleboarding. Ecology Walk. Rockpool Exploration
- 10am - 2.30pm.
- Booking Dates: April, May & June
Early Booking Grant Available . Email :http://www.freedomsurfschool.com/contact_us
Ealaín ar an Ghaineamh
C : Fanacht Thar Oíche
Fanacht Thar Oíche - Overnight Stay "Gaeilge Surf & Adventure" Outdoor Educational Trip.
- Activities, Meals & Accommodation
- One and two night stay options
- Catering for upto 150 students.
- Booking Dates: April through to end of October
- Make a Booking Enquiry click here http://www.freedomsurfschool.com/contact_us
- More Information Contact the Office on 051 386773 - Mob 0863914908
D : Seachatin na Gaeilge - Day Trip
Seachtain na Gaeilge . One Day " Gaeilge Activity Programme"
- A unique way to introduce students to the Irish Language
- Booking Dates : 1st to 17th March
- Make a Booking Enguiry click here :http://www.freedomsurfschool.com/contact_us
- More Information Contact the Office on 051 386773 - Mob 0863914
E : Clár Sábháilte Uisce
3 Week Course : Clár Surfála & Sábháilte Uisce trí Gaeilge : Surfing & Sea Safety Educational Course as Gaeilge.
- Three sessions over three weeks.
- Suitable for 5th & 6th Class Students.
- Booking Dates : May, June, Sept, October
- Make a Booking Enquiry click here :http://www.freedomsurfschool.com/contact_us
- More Information Contact the Office on 051 386773 - Mob 0863914
F : Cúrsa Surfála
Surfing Certificate Course As Gaeilge.
- Secondary Schools Surf Education Programme.
- Gain a recognised standard of surfing trí gaeilge.
- Booking Dates : May & September
Campa Surfála .
- Gaeilge Surf Camps July & August 1 & 2 week Camps
- Make a booking Enquiry click here :http://www.freedomsurfschool.com/contact_us
Booking Form download
Booking Form here : http://www.freedomsurfschool.com/downloads
Make a Booking Enquiry click here: http://www.freedomsurfschool.com/contact_us
More Information Contact the Office on 051 386773 - Mob 0863914908
Experience the Irish Language in a modern context with Scoil Surfála Freedom in Tramore"
Our focus is on Developing Oral Skills through Active Learning.Throw yourself into the Irish Language and participate in one of our Gaeilge Surf & Adventure programmes.Our ethos is all about having fun while learning Irish at the same time.In 2008 we became Ireland's first Bilingual Surf School : “Freedom Scoil Surfála “We began our " Gaeilge Journey" by going back to school and learning Irish. The language literally came alive as we incorporated " Gaeilge " into our every day tasks in the surf school.
Over the years we have developed a Team of Irish Language Instructors and Teachers who deliver our Bilingual Surf and Advenure Activities . With the Approval of Foras na Gaeilge and The Irish Surfing Association and supported by our elite partner Billabong - Schools from all over Ireland return year after year to enjoy our unique Irish Language Trips
Turais Scoile - Ceacht Surfála / Surf Lesson
"Our Number 1" Turais Scoile
Have fun learning to surf through Irish with fluent irish speaking instructors. Land based instruction takes place firstly at the surf school base, covering surfing technique, equipment, water safety and ocean awareness.Then its on to the beach for a warm up and into the surf for 1 hour's supervised instruction in the surf.
Fad : 2 ½ Uair
Turais Scoile - La Iomláin Gníomhaíochtaí / Multi Activity
Irish Langage MULTI ACTIVITY DAY - La Iomláin Gníomhaíochtaí
- This action-packed full day consists of 3 Activities
- Choose from :Surfing, Bodyboarding: Eco Walk, Team Challenges, Adventure Hike.
Full Itinerary contact the centre.
Fad : 4 1/2 Uair
Fanacht Thar Oíche / OverNight Stay " Gaeilge Surf & Adventure Tip .
Gaeilge Surf & Adventure Overnight Trip
Overnight Stays & Irish Languiage Activities
Option 1 : One nights accommodation and 1 and half days activities trí Ghaeilge
Surfing, Body boarding. Team Challenges, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Eco Hike.
Option 2: 2 nights accommodation and 2 days activities.
Accommodation/Meals: Grade A Hostel Accommodation or Hotel Option for large groups. Breakfast, Packed Lunches, Evening Meals & Evening Entertainment provided.
Lá Gníomhaíochtaí Speisíalta / Eco Surf
Irish Language Acticity Day
This Fun Activity Day special consists of 2 activities
A Surfing Lesson combined with an Eco Hike to The Sand Dunes / The Rock Pools
All equipment is supplied
Fad 4 ½ Uair
Dúshláin Foirne / Team Challenges
Excitement, Drama and Fun through Irish
Using Tramore’s Amazingl Beach Environment, Participants rotate between a variety of Challenge Game Stations. Points are awarded for Leadership-Time Management- Communication – Participation and Task Completion . A prize is awarded to the winning team and the runner up team. The focus is on fun and participation . Irish Language Team Chalklenge Session
Fad: 1 ½ Uair
Siúlóidí Eiceolaíochta / Eco Hike
Learn about the ecology of Tramore Bay & Sand Dunes
Ecologically, the wetland area of Tramore contains a diverse range of habitats with associated plant and animal communities and is a nationally important Area of Scientific Interest and internationally important Special Protection Area and Special Area of Conservation. A well-developed dune system surrounded by a “Backstrand” which supports a rich invertebrate fauna on which many birds feed.Bilingual Activity.
Fad: 1 ½ Uair
Cúrsa Dá-theangacha Surfála - Bilingual Surfing Certificate Course
Have fun learning Irish and gain a recognised standard of Surfing
Certified by the Irish Surfing Association this Surfing Certificate Course through Irish is suitable for anyone who would like to gain a recognised beginner to intermediate standard of Surfing through Irish. Supported by Foras na Gaeilge and our elite partner Billabong.”
Is é seo an chéad cúrsa Surfála trí Ghaeilge riamh . Beidh ranganna ag baint leis an Sábhailteacht Uisce, agus beidh seisiún phraiticiúla ar siúl comh maith.Bronnadh Teastas ar na scolairí ag deireadh an cúrsa ó Cumann Surfála na hÉireann
Bilingual Surfing Certificate Course
- This is the first Irish language Surfing Certificate course designed to take the participant from catching and riding white water waves to completing all basic maneuvers.
- It is a 1 or 2 day course which is presented in a bilingual format with lecture room based theory covering water safety, ocean awareness ,surfing technique and equipment. Water based practical sessions include pop up - getting to your feet, accelerating, stopping, turning and water safety.
- Level 1/2 Option , Duration one day . Assessment includes surfing practical &Theory
- Level 3 Option : Duration two days.Must have completed level 1&2. Assessment & Theory.
- An Accredited Irish Surfing Association Certificate is awarded on Completion
- This course is great opportunity for people to communicate through Irish in relaxed and fun environment and gain a ecognised surfing standard.
- Supported by Foras na Gaeilge .Le tacaíocht ónár bpáirtnéir Billabong! ------Billabong Abú
Gaeilge Surf Camp
Irish Language Surf Camp :
- Enjoy Irish & Learn to Surf
- Mornings- Irish Language - Class Room Tuition.
- Afternoons Surfing trí Ghaeilge .
- Emphasis on Developing Oral Skills
- Active learning in a Fun environment.
- Qualified Irish Teachers & Surf Instructors
The emphasis of the course is on Developing Oral Skills through Active Learning. We make every effort to ensure each student enjoys the course and gains an appreciation for the Irish Language in a fun way. Limited spaces are available.
Freedom Scoil Surfála The Beach House, Trá Mhór , Contae Phort Láirge
Tel 051 386773 - 086 3914908 Email: email@example.com
Approved by the Irish Surfing Association. Supported by Foras na Gaeilge
Booking Form - download
Booking Form click here http://www.freedomsurfschool.com/downloads
Irish Language Surf & Activity Programmes for Schools Gallery
TestimonialBhaineadar go léir ana-thaithneamh go deo as na himeachtaí. Molaim an fhoireann a bhí ann agus moladh ar leith ag dul don slí a chabhraigh siad le cailín amháin le riachtanais speisialta. Dúirt sí gurb é an lá a chaith sí ann an lá ab fhearr dá saol. Tá rogha forleathan imeachtaí eagraithe d’ard chaighdeán.Go cinnte beimid thar n-ais arís.
Máirtín Mac Domhnaill, Riarthóir na n-Imeachtaí, Coláiste na Rinne.Co Phort Láirige